#16 Death by Protein Shake? TAWNSM!
Video taken from the channel: GreySteel
Bodybuilder Dies After Protein Overdose! The Female Rich Piana
Video taken from the channel: Vegetable Conspiracies
Bodybuilder’s death caused by excessive protein shakes
Video taken from the channel: News Direct
Metabolism | Urea Cycle
Video taken from the channel: Ninja Nerd Lectures
Urea cycle disorder: Bodybuilder’s demise blamed on excessive protein shakes TomoNews
Video taken from the channel: TomoNews Sci & Tech
Understanding Urea Cycle Disorder Jumo Health
Video taken from the channel: Jumo Health
Protein Powder Causes Death? Meegan Hefford and Urea Cycle Disorder | Tiger Fitness
Video taken from the channel: Tiger Fitness
Deadly Protein Shakes? The Story of Meegan Hefford & Urea Cycle Disorder Protein is essential in any individual?s diet. it’s all the more important (and critical) for bodybuilders as it provides the key amino acids to grow, repair, and rebuild muscle tissue. Meegan Hefford, a 25-year-old bodybuilder who was found unconscious in her Australian apartment, died due to urea cycle disorder, a rare genetic disorder. However, the 25-year-old had not known that she had urea cycle disorder, a genetic condition that makes it difficult for the body to break down protein. Urea Cycle Disorder causes ammonia to build up in the blood if you have too much protein leaving harmful waste products behind.
Meegan suffered permanent brain. Meegan Hefford of Mandurah, Australia started bodybuilding in 2014 and she began a high-protein diet consisting of lean meats, egg whites and protein shake. For Some People, Too Much Protein Can Be Deadly—Here’s What You Need to Know About Urea Cycle Disorders Meegan Hefford had an undiagnosed genetic condition called urea cycle disorder. Learn how. Hefford had been eating protein-rich foods over the last few months of her life in addition to drinking protein shakes and taking vitamin supplements.
Hefford was. Meegan Hefford was found unconscious in her West Australia apartment and was declared brain-dead, passing two days later. Unbeknownst to her, she suffered from Urea Cycle Disorder (UCD), such that when she consumed protein shakes and supplements she overproduced a toxic byproduct. What is Urea Cycle Disorder?After Hefford’s death, the doctors discovered that she had a rare condition called a urea cycle disorder, which affects how the body breaks down protein.
Experts at the local hospital said she was suffering from urea cycle disorder. This disorder is a genetic condition that affects the way your body digests protein, impacting the way your body removes ammonia from your bloodstream. When too much ammonia builds up, it results in permanent brain damage, and in Hefford’s situation, death.
List of related literature:
|from Pediatric Critical Care Study Guide: Text and Review|
|from Encyclopedia of the Neurological Sciences|
|from Berman’s Pediatric Decision Making E-Book|
|from Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Amino Acids|
|from Molecular Neurology|
|from Nutrition in the Prevention and Treatment of Disease|
|from Seldin and Giebisch’s The Kidney: Physiology and Pathophysiology|
|from Pediatric Critical Care E-Book|
|from Davis’s Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual|
|from Emery and Rimoin’s Essential Medical Genetics|